If you have a suspicious email that you think is a phishing scam or spam, you may want to Forward as Attachment to abuse@"company.com" with the complete header available. To see the complete header, follow these steps.
1. Highlight the message you want to check the header on.
2. Go to View> Message> All Headers.
3. Make sure you see the entire header which has all the routing information.
4. In the top toolbar, go to Message > Forward as Attachment.
5. In the To: box, enter the appropriate address. In this case for Apple, it would be firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on your email vendor, it could be email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you recognize the company the email is spoofing as, you can Google their abuse email address.
If the email is masquerading as a goverment entity, you can send it to email@example.com.
6. Send. If you get a reply to do something further, follow those instructions.